Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This Week I'm Reading

This week I'm reading Courage by Bernard Waber in honor of 9/11. I figure in an elementary school the students now are clueless about that day so I don't bring it up but still I like to do something. I'm reading it to 2nd grade and up. I ask for their ideas of courage or courageous people (I've gotten some interesting answers!).

I'm doing a little book finding lesson before reading to 3rd grade up. On an index card I've got the call number and title of the selection for that day (see picture). I send two students to look for the book and bring it back. (This means I have to remember to reshelf the book right before a class comes in!) I tick off the students names from a class list and will make sure that everyone has a chance to find a book in the year.

No comments: